I suggest you ...

NEVER support altcoins (shapeshift is fine). Never support fiat/local currencies. And never add more metals (PERHAPS silver...)

I’m making this suggestion so that the Vaultoro team can see how many of us DO NOT follow the uneducated cries of everyone asking for these things. Some people just want choices for the sake of choices or because they think a certain currency is cool right now. If you agree and DON’T WANT VAULTORO TO CONSIDER IMPLEMENTING THESE, throw a vote here and let your voice be heard!

This is not what this platform was created for and it would damage Vaultoro to cave to these whims.

Shapeshift provides all the necessary ability to pay into a user’s Vaultoro account from altcoins. I’ve suggested implementing support for segwit addresses and transactions for bitcoin, which would increase speed and drastically decrease fees. This suggestion has been marked as a planned addition to Vaultoro.

Other metals are industrial metals, like Platinum and Palladium. They have only been used as a store of value for a few decades. Still infants when compared with gold and silver in this arena. Implementing silver holdings could be neat, although with you guys getting down to the gram of gold, silver is unnecessary, except just to diversify one’s personal holdings with another precious metal. It could make physical delivery of your holdings something that more people could realistically expect to experience as well. And everybody loves getting precious metals shipped to them to hold in their hands, stare at for hours on end, and swim through like Scrooge McDuck.

FIAT/LOCAL CURRENCIES ARE GARBAGE. Totally worthless. Furthermore, and I’m certain Vaultoro knows this very well; for everyone else, adding fiat currencies adds tremendous reporting and identification requirements to the platform. Governments require that any institution dealing in their currency gather identification and many other things from EACH INDIVIDUAL MEMBER of the institution. So if you are asking for local/fiat currency support, you ask to throw away anonymity, flexibility of the platform, and everything that makes Vaultoro great. You also ask to be taxed on all your purchases and returns, because Vaultoro would have to turn over that information too.

Keep up the excellent work Vaultoro! “Progress” simply for the sake of saying “progress” is detrimental in every single case.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)