I suggest you ...

Audit documents need to be linked from a secure server owned by Pro Aurum, BDO, and Helvetia. Currently no way to verify authenticity.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TomTom commented  · 

Thanks for explaining that Philip - I think that clarifies everything to my satisfaction. Also, as Joshua mentioned to me, we can always call Pro Aurum/BDO/Helvetia to confirm your relationship.

Maybe include the text of your comment below as an entry on the FAQ?

Thanks again for your quick response.

• Philip ScigalaAdminPhilip Scigala (Founder, Vaultoro Limited) commented  · 

Vaultoro is the most transparent exchange and gold provider in the industry and with our transparency protocol we do more than everyone else, because trust and our users are important to us.

I understand that these documents can be perceived as an issue. We get all the documents from Pro Arum. And even though if a "Pro Aurum owned server" would deliver the documents, it would not mean they are more correct, it actually defeats the purpose of our chain of trust:
        The chain of trust works currently because it has multiple parties involved. We trust Pro Aurum and you trust us displaying the document. And Pro Aurum trusts us in return to not edit the documents, and they check! They would never allow for us to publish false documents because they would loose face if they would work together with a fraudulent party. We are working with Pro Aurum since two years and the chain of trust is working really good. Our users trust us because we are working with an established gold trader like Pro Aurum.

There is always ways to improve trust, but providing documents from another server is not one of them. Another user suggested "digitally signed" documents. Even if documents are digitally signed there is no proof that the contents of the documents are correct. But if two or more parties are involved (Vaultoro, Pro Aurum, BDO), we are checking if they do they job, and they check if we do our job correctly. BDO is on top of that a very trusted instance auditing the Pro Aurum precious metal holdings.

We are always open for suggestions how we can improve!
        Thanks for thinking about it and supporting Vaultoro.

• TomTom commented  · 

This is fairly critical. Please can you provide a comment on this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base