How would you improve Vaultoro

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to lock a bitcoin address for withdrawing bitcoin

It would be great if you could lock a bitcoin address for withdrawing bitcoin. To lock an address you must confirm with two factor. When this is done you are only able to withdraw bitcoin to this address, so if your account gets hacked you are still safe. To unlock this address you need to confirm with two factor and wait for two weeks. Each day in those weeks you will send out a warning, to all email addresses registered on the account, that you will unlock that bitcoin withdrawal address on a certain date. Hope you can get this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi!
      Actually to save your withdrawal address you always have to enter your two factor code. So its always “locked”. To make it really unchangeable for a certain amount of time is more or less convenient, depending on the user. We might consider this for optional security.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Updated Audit Documents

Could you please post updated audit verification documents and also keep them current. Maybe date of next audit documents expected should be listed on the same page of the current audit documents.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We explicitly say “Gold holdings are audited once every week and only on working days”

The holding document is updated once a week. The others (BDO and insurance) are updated once a year.

Normally the update is on Mondays. Sometimes there are more updates due to a lot of activity.

We always try to improve the process and making it more real time(ish). Thanks for your suggestion with the date.

• PGP key as alternative ownership of account

Greetings, I understand that if I don't verify my account it will belong to my email address. This would be a rather unsafe option since a email provider can be hacked or disappear. If I could upload a public PGP key I could still prove my ownership with my private key that could be backup up safely offline like a private key to a bitcoin account.

As long as email is the proof of ownership I would not store any significant amount in my vaultoro account.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, It is a good idea to use your PGP key. That said it does not provide any security in case your PGP key gets stolen. We encourage everyone to verify themselves via the verification form to ensure proof of ownership and set up two factor authentication. This has been proven to be secure.
          We will review your idea internally.

• Option to provide a PGP key in the settings

It would be great if we could provide a PGP key in the settings, so we could choose to be private with all the information in the notifications you send out on email. Hope you can get this implemented :)

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →
          • Use Valcambi Combibars for Delivery

I find the Valcambi concept a good method of precious metal packaging for many reasons: ease of visible accountability, ease of shipping, ease of storage upon delivery, ease of exchange should gold reach a real market value, and on and on.

Adoption of the Valcambi would solve many Vaultoro investors' concerns regarding minimum delivery quantity.

As it is, you'll never know how much of a market you're missing because people get spooked by the current delivery policy. One would imagine Vaultoro would capture good profits of even the small orders and low volumes multiplied by an increased user base -…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I get what you are saying. The delivery regarding bar size is not that much of a problem as the delivery process itself. Dealing with different countries customs etc and the costs of delivery just does not make sense if its 100g or less.

We are currently working on a system where we partner with local dealers to facilitate easier and faster delivery. That way also bar size does not matter.

Best
              Philip

• Don't see your idea?

How would you improve Vaultoro

Feedback and Knowledge Base